Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May Has a Week Left...

Which leaves me already thinking about June, of course :) 

(For those of you who don't know me, I used to be a major procrastinator.  I apparently have floated to the other extreme because I typically tend to be a major planner now.  I'm already planning Bryton's birthday party in November for goodness sakes :)

First, I've had to look at May's goals and decide what is worth keeping, altering, eliminating, etc.  Here's what I've come up with:
  • I've rekindled my love for reading.  I'm setting a fairly lofty goal for myself (because let's face it, between taking care of myself, feeding, bathing and sustaining the lives of two others, and doing housework, it's not like I'm wallering in the gift of extra time) I'm going to attempt to read two books a month.  Attempt is the keyword, so I'm kind of keeping my goal of the doing my thing for 'me'. 
  • Bryton's letter learning and project doing taught me one thing... it's nice to get to do special things with Bryton.  He's doing great on letters, and I know we'll keep up the project goal, but it may be something I do more in my making a conscious effort to do it more.
  • Working out... definitely sticking with it... may try some new things in June with it... we'll see.
  • Two dates and a girls night.  Definitely keeping the two dates.  Probably keeping the girls night... but may make it more of a "hang out with girls" time.  Hopefully Scentsy helps satisfy that goal some! :) 
  • Definitely sticking with getting in God's word.  I'll be out of Ruth, so I may do a NT book next time... hmmm, how about, 1 Timothy.  Yep, 1 Timothy is June.  
  • Going to try to stick with my housecleaning schedule.  I'll be honest, it's helped a LOT, mostly due to the fact that the house doesn't have the chance to get so dirty that it takes forever to get it clean.  It's basically a maintenance clean, and I can handle that!  Granted, I know we have some plans to be out of town here and there, so I'm going to do my best to fulfill my schedule when I'm home.  
So there's what is sticking around and what isn't.  So on to new goals.  Reading two books a month is kind of a new goal, and I don't want to add so much to my plate that I can't keep up with it all.  (I'm trying to find goals that I don't intend to keep around, but the goals for May were worthy of keeping...)  I'm not going to add as many goals as I did in May.  I figure May is a good foundation set of goals, now to build on those.  I'm limiting myself to three new ones.  They are:
  • (A Character Goal) - Portray and exhibit a more gentle spirit (gentleness) and have more fun in my every day life.  This encompasses, but is not limited to, yelling at Bryton less, watching my tongue and what I say, being slower to anger, and reacting positively when I am angry, making an effort to show love more often, to possess humility, to belly laugh at least once a day, to make both of my kids laugh and smile at least once a day, to take 'jokes' better (Aaron, this is not permission to pester me... then that would fall more in the 'being slow to anger' category), and to have, generally, a better attitude.  
  • I'm reworking our budget in June (hopefully - waiting to see when Aaron's checks change due to our health insurance premiums decreasing).  I'm going to work to make the budget more effective and to be able to put more money into savings each month. I'll keep you posted.  
  • And here's the doozy:  I want to learn how to better utilize my camera.  I have a book I'm looking through that talks all about aperture and focus and all of these other words that I'm completely unfamiliar with, so this is an incredible undertaking for me.  There are so many daily things I'd like to document and capture, but let's face it, I can't exactly tote Jason Hill around in my  back pocket to take awesome pictures for us all of the time... and the camera has the capability to do a decent job... it just has to be utilized properly.  The only thing that I've gathered from the book so far, is I probably need a better lens, so we'll see what my capabilities are with what I have... and we'll see if it's worth me getting that new lens :) 
So there ya go - you know I'll include you on the journey.  It should be a good one!

Hope everyone's Sunday is blessed and wonderful, after all, this is May 22, 2011, the day the Lord hath made... and it's even past May 21, 2011 ;)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment