Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

How Did I Miss It?

You would have thought it would have been clearer than the nose on my face.  You would have thought that I would have known before the age of 26 what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.  Especially with these kinds of clues:

  • In elementary school, my neighbor, Casey, and I developed and published a newspaper for the people in our subdivision.  
  • I have always enjoyed writing in a journal. 
  • When I was in the second grade I got over $300 worth of gift cards to Waldenbooks for my birthday and Christmas.  I spent every penny of the $300 in one trip to the store, and had every book read by the end of January.  The same year, I won a contest out of all of the second grade for the most pages / books read.  I dominated the 'Book It' program. 
  • I was writing poetry from the 1st grade on... 
  • I wrote a book when I was a Senior and had published pieces in random publications all through school. 
  • I keep lists of everything.  I keep notes of everything.  I have a notebook near me always. 
  • I love reading pieces that are well written, poetry especially.  
  • I've had more ideas in my head for books than I know how to adequately process. 
  • I went to school for English education because I thought I needed a 'real' job that allowed reading and writing to be a part of it.  
  • I love finding the fun in pieces that, well, aren't so fun.  
Hmmm... that makes sense.  Maybe I should work in retail the rest of my life... yep.  That must be it.
Duh.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment