Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Snowballs in... August

Told'ja I like Christmas and could talk about it all the time, but I love my mom's 'Snowball' recipe so much, I want to share it with you!  (Afterall - you may be fixin' new stuff to try to see if you want to include it in your own traditions, right?  Right.)

So here it is - marvelous Snowballs!


Melt in saucepan:

1 stick oleo
1 c. sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 ¾ cup chopped dates

Take off burner.  Add:
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. pecans
3 c. Rice Krispies

Let cool.  Make into ¾ inch balls.  Roll in coconut or powdered sugar. 

Enjoy!  
By the way - I've never had them rolled in coconut.  I'm a traditionalist when it comes to stuff like this, so I don't know that I'd like it, but if it's new to you either way and you try the coconut, let me know how they turn out! 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment