Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Motivate Me Monday






Believe it or not, I actually feel somewhat refreshed today, ready to tackle another week.  In some regards, I'd say that I'm happy it's Monday.  Now, I realize you work people out there may want to stone me, and do trust, I've been a 'work person' before in my life, so I'd kind of want to stone me too, but you must understand, with my current 'job', my work week never ends.  The weekend is a revitalizing time to get me ready for the coming week after going through the week before.  And, folks, after last week, I needed some revitalizing. 

It wasn't a bad week, per say, it was just an exhausting week, an overwhelming week, a week where I felt like the work. would. never. end.  And, I don't know about you, but feeling like my efforts aren't a drop in the bucket of getting things done, well, that kills my moral.  So trudging forward last week on our ginormous list was, well, hard.

And after a good weekend with the fam, I'm feeling like I can put on my trudging boots again.  (Speaking of boots - Bryton is totally digging wearing his snowboots right now.  Have I mentioned it's like 95 degrees outside?  Just checking.  Oh well.)

So - without any further ado - my goals for the week:


  1. I have some shopping to do with kiddos today - getting it done and over with.  It's not that I mind shopping with them - I really don't.  Shopping just has to be "go for specific items" shopping and not browse around shopping.  Sitting still for long periods of time is not optional.
  2. Ansley almost 6 months old, and I've not yet picked up her birth certificate.  I really need to do that.  I just hate lugging two kids in to fill out the paperwork for it, but it must be done. 
  3. More overhauling of the household.  I expect to get some things put on FB for sale this week - and hopefully get them out of our house. 
  4. I have some painting to do.  Remember that desk?  Yeah - needs to be done, and I've decided to repaint our light-pole out front too.  It WILL get done this week. 
  5. I'm planning a "Festival of Fall" Scentsy party - may as well celebrate all of the new wonderfulness coming out!  Sending out invites to great friends to come and eat some soup and other fall favorites, win some Scentsy prizes, and get in on some great fall products! I'll even be posting something on here - a giveaway - of sorts - for those of you who can't eat the soup or get in on the fun - and I'm going to make it very worth your while!  I'm still thinking on it to make it the best I can.  (Fall is my favorite season - and fall Scentsyness just makes it all the more wonderful!)
So anyway - off to run the house with my 2 year old (who is literally 'running the house' - he just stopped to tell me he was running crazy... yes, yes he is.  In his Thomas the Train snowboots, mind you.)

:)  Yep - this week will be a better week!

AND - I'm promising better posting!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment