So - while the playing field is neutral, I thought I'd list a few reasons why my ties in the world of baseball will forever be knotted to the Cardinals... it's really more in-depth than you think...
- Local. Of course this has to play in... born, raised, and bred in the good 'ole central U.S. and STL is (and probably will continue to be) one of my favorite. cities. ever. (And we've been fortunate enough to see many.) Granted, this isn't enough to make a fan, as I can't see myself ever rooting on the Rams.
- History. And not World Series appearances or pennant wins, a long line of influential athletes make up the history of the Cardinals.
- Pujols. Yadi. Carpenter. And even past greats like Edmonds, Eckstein, Rolen, and great hitting pitcher, Marquis.
- Busch stadium. Wowza. One of my favorite places to be.
- 4 words: Greatest. Fans. In. Baseball. And before I was a fan, I thought it was a crock. But the 'stick with your men' attitude married with the sincere sportsmanship to other teams and players (minus a few idiots here and there), keep me proud to be a supporter.