Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Why I'm a Cardinal Fan

My break from life has been the world series lately.  I could be a season ticket holder for the Cards, I tell you... the ballpark is one of my favorite places to be.  

So - while the playing field is neutral, I thought I'd list a few reasons why my ties in the world of baseball will forever be knotted to the Cardinals... it's really more in-depth than you think...
  1. Local.  Of course this has to play in... born, raised, and bred in the good 'ole central U.S. and STL is (and probably will continue to be) one of my favorite. cities. ever.  (And we've been fortunate enough to see many.)  Granted, this isn't enough to make a fan, as I can't see myself ever rooting on the Rams. 
  2. History.  And not World Series appearances or pennant wins, a long line of influential athletes make up the history of the Cardinals.  
  3. Pujols.  Yadi.  Carpenter.  And even past greats like Edmonds, Eckstein, Rolen, and great hitting pitcher, Marquis.  
  4. Busch stadium.  Wowza.  One of my favorite places to be.  
  5. 4 words:  Greatest. Fans. In. Baseball.  And before I was a fan, I thought it was a crock.  But the 'stick with your men' attitude married with the sincere sportsmanship to other teams and players (minus a few idiots here and there), keep me proud to be a supporter.  
Minus an insane night for game 3, it's been an unbelievably evenly matched series, thus far... and regardless what happens games 5, 6 and 7... We are proud to be Cardinal nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment