Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's 3:00 a.m. - I Must Be Lonely

Don't get me wrong... if there's a time that I want to be lonely - it'd be 3 a.m.  This girl *two thumbs pointed dramatically at me* likes her sleep.  And I'm not even kidding.

But sleep the past two nights has not come easily for some reason.  I really can't seem to turn my brain off, and half of it is because I'm just not feeling 'the norm of life' yet.  You know what I mean?  We're not so much in our house, with a regular routine, with a defined budget (and girls and gents - this girl *insert dramatic thumb point again* thrives on and financial peace rests on a defined budget, especially with the holidays coming up!), with an established kid schedule.  And me - I can handle change, and normally can handle it pretty well, but phew, give me normal, please! 

As crazy as it sounds - I believe I've adapted more easily to the 12 hour move than I have my youngest sleeping a good two naps a day.  (Btw - I'm totally not complaining about this!)

So - all of the explanation to say why I'm up at 3:00 a.m. a writin' and a bloggin' - to give you some miscellanies and news -

1.)  Ansley is officially a crawler.  She beat her big bro out by about 2 months.  (Have I ever mentioned how much gray hair I earned from that boy?  Because I worry too much, and he took his happy time about everything, geesh.)  And let me tell you - it takes them what seems like forever to get it figured out, but, once they get it, watch out, buddy!  She's everywhere, and getting there quickly!


2.) Have I ever mentioned how much I love my husband?  I should totally do it more often!  It's awesome to have the support to be able to stay home with my children, and the encouragement to get out for awhile.  I spent the entire day today 'junkin' with a new friend... hitting all the resale shops in a 10 minute radius. (Did you catch that I said 'all day' and ten minute radius?  Wow!)  And when I got home he was chipper, supportive, and encouraged me to go out Monday night to a ladies get together with the church.  Have I mentioned how much I need this with two under three, napping with only a very short overlap, while being confined to the house most days of my life?  I need this.

3.)  In the midst of all the chaos - I have two, count them, two sick kiddos.  B developed the ever dreaded snotty nose the other day.  Let me tell you about me and kids with snotty noses.  YUCK!  That pretty much explains it.  And don't get me wrong, I'll tolerate it with my own kid, but they just don't know what to do with it.  The snot, I mean.  B has felt the need to touch it and lick it and wipe it... bleh.  AND - besides the yuck factor - small colds or even allergies in my medical history almost always led to a sinus infection... so when kids become snotty - I become constantly frazzled that the next trip is going to be for antibiotics (and as much as I took them as a kid... I don't want my kids to have to live on them.)

4.)  Check this one out: hubs and I have some weight to lose... I'm not sure what happened after I had Ansley.  My diet wasn't bad... and definitely wasn't bad enough to gain this weight this fast, but I went from 'down to pre-pregnancy weight' to 'up (as much as) 9 pounds from that'.  And the weight gain happened, literally, in about 6-8 weeks.  Quickly enough, mind you, that I was (and still am, a little bit) concerned that something has brought on the weight gain.  (But I keep writing it off as, "Of course I want to blame it on something else.")  But in reality - it may possibly be my bc.   It's the enemy, I tell you, the enemy.  (And I've NEVER thought that before...) 

So anyway - all of that to say that the hubs and I are in a friendly little competition to see who can lose the weight, keep it off, winner gets to choose our vacation destination / activities next year. 

And folks, I like to golf, but I don't know that I like to golf that often. 

I'm thinking a cruise.  Or the ocean.  Or Disney... I have lots of thoughts, actually ;)  Guess I should win the challenge before I start planning ;)

So there you go - there's some random facts to tide you over until the bloggin' resumes... preferably not at 3:00 a.m. next time...

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment