Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Whole Day Of New Stuff

  • A new windshield (because Marcus broke ours... okay, okay, not Marcus, but a rock that hit our windshield as Marcus was so graciously driving our car to Texas.  Yet another trip down experience).
  • New license plates (phew... $400 of new license plates.  Ouch!)
  • A new milestone with Ansley:  she ate a jar and a half of baby food (2's) tonight at supper... a half a jar more than usual.  Maybe this means the formula will be on the decline from here on out??
  • A trip to a new grocery store.  Our first grocery store trip since we've lived here.  It's a Kroger, so it's a grocery store I'm used to (though I plan on experimenting with a couple others, including Sprouts) as I was pressed for time today and knew it was going to be a long trip of restocking fridge items.  (Having my dry food stockpile though saved me, probably, 100's of dollars in food!)  
  • A new experience for us, our first cooked meal (that I cooked) since we've been here.  (Ok, so it was in a microwave, give me a break, the grocery store took me an hour and a half.  I wasn't standing and cooking dinner forever... especially when Aaron and I really weren't that hungry anyway... which leads me to the next new thing:
  • A new restaurant experience: Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  We saw these all the time in St. Louis and never made it in to try it.  One was by the county offices today where we did the licensing of our vehicles... so we gave it a shot, and it earned 5 stars from 3 of the 4 members of our family (and remember, Ansley can't eat yet ;).  Granted, not the healthiest food I've ever eaten in my life, but remember the point above?  We just had our first cooked meal in a couple weeks tonight.  We haven't exactly been doing much healthy with all of the chaos.  That changes, well, as of tonight. 
  • Oh - and the last new experience, as I write this, I hear thunder.  Yes.  Thunder.  And thought that may not be 'new' in and of itself, this is the first time I've heard thunder in Texas since we made our first trip down at the beginning of August... could it mean rain?  That'd be another new thing! 
Hopefully my blog friend Jen will be welcoming a new baby soon - today would be so appropriate for so many reasons!
:)

-A

2 comments:

  1. I reeeeally wish OK had Krogers. And I'm reeeaaaaly sad that I won't get to meet you when I go see Jen and her sweet Cate. But it's okay, because I'm reeeeeeally glad I get to read your blog anyway.
    We just got a Five Guys here recently, still need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a Texas thunderstorm. The lightning streaks from one end of the sky to the other. Better than any fireworks show you've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete