Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

NO, David!


I'm having a great deal of fun with children's books here as of late.  My ultimate favorite at the moment is about a lion, a sheep, a moose and a zebra who are all playing in a cave while a bear is trying to sheep.  After much debate as to why the bear is so cranky (because the arrogant lion, zebra, and moose think the bear is cranky because he doesn't possess some of their traits), the sheep ultimately sheers itself to make a nice soft pillow for the bear to sleep on. 

It's a good story with great illustrations and great poetry.  I'm a sucker.

But that's not what this blog is about.

Nope, this blog is about a family favorite called, "No, David!" 

If you have kids and your house and don't mind nudity, you may own this book.  (I should state, I wasn't aware of the nudity when I purchased this book.  But lo and behold, imagine my astonishment and Bryton's enjoyment when we turn to the above page in the book to read it the first time.)

So - apparently David is like, oh, I don't know, Bryton's age and is having some disobedience issues, one including a tendency to streak throughout the neighborhood.  I may add - this is B's favorite page of the book.  Like, for real.  Notice the picture above with the two year old commentary, "David's butt.  It funny!"  And notice those high Indian cheek bones I gave him, pure two year old enjoyment. 

So, alas, yet another book to amaze my blossoming two year old.  I guess we start those anatomy lessons soon.  You know what I've concluded, I should totally write children's books. 

Until next time, no streaking...

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment