Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1st - Indulge Number 1

21.  Antiquing and yard sale hopping.  Aaron and I went when B was little this time last year.  I want to go again this year.
Well, I've been REALLY excited to start my May month of indulgences!  Today I woke up thinking about it, and when the hubs asked me what I wanted to do today, I was already searching for flea markets and good antique stores!  :)  I didn't really go with much in mind of stuff we would 'need.'  I know the basement is going to be getting finished in the next five or six months or so, and we'll need furniture down there, so that sat in the back of my mind while we rummaged.  I also knew that I had a piece of costume jewelry on my list of indulgences for May, so I searched for that too.
We didn't come home with anything today, except ideas.  I've decided I'd love to have a little school desk downstairs for the kids to work with and work on.  Something like this:
I came home and found one on Craigslist that is only $10.  This may end up being my project thing, too! 
Also, as far as the costume jewelry is concerned, I've found a ring on Old Navy's website that I love love! With the Wholey Moley 30% off sale right now it makes the ring only $7.00 I'm all about that!  Unfortunately, I've not seen the ring in store and shipping is $7 also.  Not that I don't love the ring, but I don't love it $14 worth, so I'm going to keep my eye open and either they will carry it in the store or I'll find something similar somewhere.  Here's a picture of it:
I think it's totally cute! 
One way or another, today completely served it's purpose!  We had a great time out as a family skimming through the shops.  Bryton did great too!  And OOP (out of pocket) cost so far for me is $0 on day one!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment