Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pen to the 10 Wednesday - 10 Things I Wish I Would Have Known in HS

I know I've missed some Ptt10 Wednesdays.  I've been busy and am trying to get back on track!

I didn't particularly hate high school, but I didn't particularly love it either.  I mean, seriously, it's a time when your body is changing like crazy, your hormones are out of control, leading to some major mood swings, there is a ton of pressure regarding performance in school and in your social life.  Yet these are supposed to be the best times in our lives. If so, I didn't have much to look forward to after high school.  So here are the 10 things I wish I would have known:

1.)  Seriously, it may be trendy now, but you'll make fun of it, too, in five years.

2.)  Your acne is probably not as bad as you think it is.

3.)  Win or lose, the memories and lessons learned from playing the game are what really matter later on.  A state ring doesn't hurt though ;) And a state loss is much better learned from than a state win.

4.)  Everything really does change after High School.

5.)  Many people call themselves your friends and sell you out in an instant.  Your real friends may be those you'd never expect.

6.)  One bad grade on one test does NOT ruin the rest of your life.  Two bad grades won't either.

7.)  Ones value is not defined by their boyfriend / girlfriend, if they have a date to the dance, or a jersey to wear on Friday nights.  I took too much time to figure out me, and my confidence suffered.

8.) Find something you really believe in and stand hard for it.  You may feel as if you stand alone, but you'll gain respect for it.

9.)  The biggest impact made by a teacher may not be during lecture, it may be in passing in the hall.

10.)  These are NOT the best days of your life.  Talk to me after you get married or experience the birth of your first baby and you'll know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment