Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Anniversary Craziness

You ever get a wild hair to just do something crazy?

Not, crazy crazy, ya know?  Just something, different?

Maybe it's because I'm still young (and I am still young, just so you know.) 

Maybe it's because I've never really done things just spontaneously.  (Unless you call getting married at 20 spontaneous and crazy... and some people would... not me.)

But for some reason, I just want to do something, well, different. 

And our anniversary is coming up - and I thought to myself, "Self, what a great opportunity to do something you don't normally do with your husband!"

So - I've been racking my brain for fun ideas - things we don't normally do - for our anniversary. 

Here's what I've considered so far:

-Tattoos.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  Bet you didn't see that one coming!  Truth is, tattoos are still out because I don't know how I feel about them in a spiritual sense (I've not really looked into it, to be honest), and I'm not a big fan of tattoos in a physical sense, but Aaron and I have joked from time to time about getting our wedding bands tattooed on, and what a great time to do it!  That'd be the only one I would ever really consider.

- Pedicures.  Don't laugh.  My husband my kill me for telling you this, but he's wanted to try it.  (Turns out a lot of guys we know do it... weird, huh?)  Anyway... that would definitely be something we haven't done together.)

- Going dancing.  I suck at dancing, did I mention that?  I'm a total white girl (no offense to my white sister friends out there who have rhythm, but judging that many of the white girls I know can't even clap to a beat, it's safe to say we can't dance all that well either.)  So it'd have to be a lot of slow dancing (and I rock at that, I must say). 

- Canoeing, or zip lining (except it's out because we've done it before... so as much as I'd love to do it again... it'll have to be at some other time.) or some other experiential 'date'.   Any suggestions?  Because I'm up for suggestions!

I just want away from the hum-drum of normal life.  In other words, I really don't want dinner and a movie.

Okay, friends - Ideas that will give us togetherness fun (without conviction - lol)?

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment