Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm Birthdayed Out... Until Mine I Suppose

Don't get me wrong.  I love a good birthday with the rest of them, but let me just give you a glimpse into what my week has been so far:

Sunday - I almost stayed home.  Sick.  Bleh. Congestion.  Headache.  Scratchy Throat.  Could you be allergies?  Are you a cold?  Hmmm.

Monday - Still feelin' lousy... kids finally seem completely better.

Tuesday - Bryton wakes up and within 20 minutes states, "I no go outside.  I is sick."  Being he had just gotten better, I figured he was repeating something that we'd told him for several days.  So, I say, "You're not sick, of course you can go outside today!"  10 minutes later he threw up the first time.  It would continue throughout the day and end with a trip to urgent care with a dehydrated little boy and a half a tablet of Zofran.  (Did I mention I still don't feel good?)

Wednesday - Carpet is FILTHY from Tuesday's vomiting adventure (we clean it up, ya'll, but the carpet needed steam cleaned.)  I wouldn't let Ans on it, which, just so you know, makes for one very unhappy mobile baby. 

Thursday - Every one seems to be better... except me.  I'm sick still.  Scratchy throat.  Headache.  Congestion.  Not better, probably worse.  But it's Bryton's birthday, and by golly, he deserves that.  We go out and rush, rush, rush to get Aaron home for a meeting.

Friday - Birthday celebration continues at a little kiddo funpark.  Oh - and B got 3 shots.  Apparently we Illinois folk don't worry about Hep A since we don't have much of it.  Apparently people in Texas worry about it.  So - 3 shots, continuing birthday celebration, already puny momma = tired and more puny momma.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a balloon festival.  My head hurts.

We'll see what happens. 

Can I have a vacation day... or three? 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment