Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

All Occasion Cookies

Back in a time long, long ago (ok, really about 3 years ago, maybe even 3 years ago exactly) when our first born was, ahem, born, we had great friends take care of us and bring us food. 

I love this for so many reasons. 

1.)  Who wants to cook after they've pushed out an 8-10 pound baby?  (What?  Normal people don't have 8-10 pound babies?  Hmm.)

2.)  Who wants to do dishes after having an 8-10 pound baby?

and

3.)  You can get a lot of new recipes with other people cooking for you for a week or so. 

And that's where this cookie wonderment came from.  Back when Bryton was born a dear friend made us the most awesome cookies I'd ever eaten.  For real.


Now - I feel like if anyone has children, you (or I) should make them these cookies.  It should be mandatory.  They should be called "make the pain and sleepless nights enjoyable" cookies, because that they do. 

Anyway - if you don't know anyone having a baby, you should fix them anyway and eat them yourself.  So - since I knew no one having a baby (who lives close enough to deliver cookies to), I made them for Small group snack.  Um hum.  All occasion cookies. 

Now let me tell you a little secret.  These cookies have an amazing (or should I say, amazing) cookie recipe, but there's been a lot going on in this house lately, I've been tight on time, and I was trying to make as little homemade as possible with all the sickness roaming around.  So - I waited until children were napping, I washed down everything (including myself), and I did this:


Yep - that's a roll of peanut butter cookie dough.  I used two of them, because let's face it folks, sometimes cookie from the fridge are better than no cookies at all.  Can I get an amen?  Amen.

So I spent the next hour or so cooking up all those cookies.


Then - while letting them cool, I whipped up the little concoction that can set apart the store bought cookie forever.  It goes like this:

1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
and 4 - 5 Tbsp. of milk (except I probably used more like 6, because I like creamy, not chunky, filling)

Put it all together and mix it all up until it's smooth.


Yum.  Hungry yet?  I am.

Then you take a little of the peanut buttery goodness and spread it on good and thick:


Mash the cookies together and 'voila' - peanut butter yumminess that you would swear is completely homemade.  I promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment