Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Now is a Great time to Coupon at kroger!

Mega Events at Kroger are always my kind of thing, and its seemed over the summer it's been really hard to find those great deals in our area.  You know, the ones that almost surprise you when you see how much all of that is really going to cost you. 
Well:  for those of you who have any coupons on hand, and even those of you who don't, this Kroger event is worth your time! 
Right now Kroger has a "buy 10 participating items and get $5 off of your overall total" sale, making for some really inexpensive items, especially if paired with coupons.  Here's what my shopping consisted of yesterday.  (BTW, this completed my menu plan for the next 10 days, minus another trip to buy some fresh produce, namely fruit, in between.  So the total you see reflects the cost to feed our family for a week and a half as we are eating a lot of what we already have in cabinets.)
1.  Sara Lee Honey Wheat bread (our favorite, just .99 with the deal, normally like 2.17!)
2.  1 Gallon 100% Apple Juice (Kroger brand)
3. - 4.  Microwavable Mac n cheese (makes good lunch side dishes.. this is 3 and 4 because I got 2 of them)
5.  Turkey Bacon
6.  Stouffers Family Sized Frozen Lasagna meal
7. 8. 9. & 10. Green Giant Fresh Valley Steamers Frozen Vegetables
11. Chips Ahoy Reeses Cup Cookies
12. Lemon (for the lemon water I drink constantly)
13. & 14. Two cans of Kroger fruit (in fruit juice, NOT syrup)
15. 1 lb of hamburger
16. 1/2 gallon of Vitamin D Milk
17. 18. 19. 20. 21 - Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I know I know, it's five sticks of cream cheese, but these cost me ZERO out of pocket, and actually they paid me .05 to take them, so I did.  We'll be having some taco dip one day, may make Aaron some dip he likes with jalepeno jelly or sweet pepper relish, we'll have cherry delight I'm sure, and I can make heaven.  We'll definitely use this before it expires at the end of January!) 
22. & 23.  2 containers of Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh meat (ham and turkey)
24. & 25.  New York Garlic Bread (Got one garlic bread and one breadstick... these go great as sides with italian food or with a plain seasoned chicken meal with a veggie and fruit as a side)
26. 1 Package Nestle Tollhouse White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
27. Wheat Thins new Honey Wheat Snack Styx

There you have it:  27 items
My out of pocket cost for all of these items (and the food to feed my family + lots of Snack / special occasion food + lots of stockpile items) = $26!   I paid less than $1 per item!

I have a few other coupons I'd like to use (including the Nabisco coupon that is on their facebook page today, which will count two items towards another 10 and I'll get one of the chips ahoy cookies for .99 and I'll get the other one free!) so I'll be heading back to Kroger this week to get some jello, 2 more bags of frozen veggies, two more things of cookies to bake, two more things of chips ahoy cookies, probably another loaf of bread, and a couple other things.  May as well stock up for next to nothing while I can! 
It's a good time to be a Kroger shopper! 

-a

No comments:

Post a Comment