Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crock Pot Applesauce

Since we've decided on me being a stay at home mom until after baby number two gets here, I've found myself much more apt to try more recipes and make things at home more often.  Half of the reason for that is because I have the time for it, the other half, well, let's just say this time of year helps :)
So I found a recipe on one of the blogs I follow for crockpot applesauce and decided to give it a try.  I was surprised how easy it was!
What you need:
6 medium apples, peeled, cored and chunked into pieces
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp - 1 tbsp cinnamon (depending on how you like it)
1 tsp of sugar (again, depending on how you like it and how sweet your apples are)
1/2 tsp of vanilla

Put apples in the crockpot.  Mix all other ingredients together and then pour them over the apples.  Mix them all so the apples are well coated.  Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft and 'mashable'.  I ended up mashing mine with the wooden spoon I used to stir them.
Not only does it make for a great fall treat, but I know what I'm putting in my family's bodies and it makes my house smell realllly good ;)
Until next time -
a

No comments:

Post a Comment