Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Twirlin' in the Flowers

I think about God a lot, in a wonderment and an excited kind of way.  I wonder what He would look like if I could see Him.  I wonder what it would feel like to lay my head on His chest.  Sometimes when I'm sick and don't feel good and I'm curled up on the couch, I pretend I'm sitting on His lap and He's rubbing my head telling me He's going to take care of me.  
Zephaniah 3:17 is my favorite verse.  It talks about God's excitement for us, that He's dancing over us.  Combine that with scripture that says we are 'wonderfully made', and I get pretty excited.  Feeling okay with myself comes much easier when I know the God of the universe not only enjoys me but has crafted me by His will, putting me together with precision and excellence.  After all, He doesn't make mistakes.  
Thinking about these things has, at many times in my life, given me the urge to put on a whirly skirt, drive to a field of wild flowers out in the middle of no where, get out of my car and run, and for those of you who know me, I don't like running... but Jesus, well, He makes me want to run.  And dance.  And twirl in those flowers.  With my arms up... undignified, not holding back... loving Jesus without restraint... dancing in His flowers. 
I think someday I'll do it.  I'll get away and I'll dance in some flowers, find the tallest hill I can find, lay down on a blanket and watch the sky.  Maybe I'll see God up there looking down on me and smiling.  And then again, maybe not, but I look forward to seeing His smile someday... 
and until then, I'll twirl in some flowers.  
-a

No comments:

Post a Comment