Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm a Zoo Animal

People must have never seen a pregnant woman before, because, seriously, I've become something to be stared at by strangers, and even something to be approached. 
I really think I know how animals at a zoo feel now.  They have to be thinking the same thing!  "What?  You've never seen a horse with stripes before," to quote the zebra. 
On just a short shopping trip with my mom today, Target, Wal-Mart and Kroger, I was approached by more people (that I didn't know) and told things such as, "You poor thing?" and "When are you due?" and, my all time favorite for the day, (as woman puts her hand on her cheek and her mouth drops) "You are just sooooo big." 
Thank you, ma'am, that's very encouraging.  Shall I now comment on your most unflattering feature as well?
What do you say to these comments?  I mean, really? Tell me I look huge and awful and it'd feel about the same, because let's be honest, that's what you're really saying.
Have I mentioned I'm ready to have this child?  Well, just to clarify, if I haven't already mentioned it, I'm ready to have this child. 
End rant.
There's something about Sunday's that get labor going... come on Sunday!
-A

2 comments:

  1. bahahahaha...oh i am sorry but i had to laugh. people have started smiling at me, like, "ohhhh you're pregnaaaaaant!" and a woman at the furniture store told me, "you be careful and watch your step now." and they've started asking me if i need help out at kroger, and i can't remember that happening for about the last 15 years... these are cute things though, so i don't mind. "soooooo big..." i just can't get over that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy, right? who are these people's parents? seriously! they should have been raised better! lol

    ReplyDelete