Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Pregnancy Blog

So it's only been three days since I've found out I was pregnant, but I feel like I've known for some time.  About a week and a half ago I began feeling extremely tired, and I was having some pulling sensation in my abdomen.  (Note, none of this happened with B, aside from the biggest 'absence' being a clue with him, I had no clues.)  Fast forward to camp and all of a sudden dresses and clothing that had been fitting wonderfully a week or more before was suddenly tight, and my belly seemed 'unsuckable'.  It wasn't going anywhere for sure.  I even told Lindsay at camp, "If I'm not pregnant then I've gotta go on a diet.  This is ridiculous."  But who ever gets this bloated barely 4 weeks into pregnancy.  I mean, really?
I'm now having a couple other symptoms here and there, but nothing like nauseousness, which I'm happy about.  I didn't have any issues with that with Bryton so I'm hoping we are good to go on this one. 
I'm reaaaalllly trying not to rush this pregnancy.  I want to be able to absorb and enjoy every second of it if I can, but I'm remembering how nervous first trimesters make me.  I'm trying to just sit back and relax and enjoy it.  Hindering the enjoyment is this summer cold I've suddenly come down with.  It isn't bad by any means, just uncomfortable.  I'd love to be able to take any kind of medication I wanted to get feeling better, but I'm trying not to take anything this early on.  As weird as it sounds, I'm thankful for being able to appreciate the cold symptoms.  (But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy when they are gone.) 
I'm really excited about this journey in our family, and am really looking forward to naming and bringing home another Gregg.  Aaron and I have already been working on names ;)  We knew when we found out what Bryton was that his name was Bryton.  I want to know going in to that ultrasound what Baby's name is going to be!  We have some time for that... approximately 4 months ;)
Until next time!
-a (and Baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment