Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Making Him Known

To love Jesus and make Him known.  Isn't that why we're here?  Isn't that what life is really all about anyway?  I'd like to think so.  Sure, we're going to have experiences, good points, not so good points, and walk through life, but ultimately our lives are to love Jesus, give Him glory, and point others his direction, both verbally and non-verbally.
I hope I do pretty well at the non-verbal part.  I think I do, but you never really know for sure.  If someone asks me about my faith or has any sort of question, you can bet I'll talk their ear off at that point too.  Occasionally I'll have those divine meetings where faith and Jesus are brought up randomly in conversation, but it's not every day. 
Now, my husband on the other hand, he's a different story.  Divine appointments follow Him.  We can be in the most random place, and ultimately Jesus is going to be made known. 
One of the first things that tilted me towards being with this guy forever was one particular instance when we were buying stuff for the rink's snack bar and we were leaving Sam's.  Outside of the Sam's parking lot was a homeless gentleman, not begging, but not moving.  It was warm that day.  My heart hurt, but his heart helped.  With no hesitation he went to Sonic, bought the man a drink, drove over, got out of the car, put his arm around him, smiled, and asked if he needed anything else.  Seriously?  I just felt bad.  It's in his nature to make Jesus known.
Just today we were buying snacks for the youth group's trip to camp.  In the amount of time it took to check out about $50 worth of junk food and gatorade Aaron had already established that the cashier was at one time, about three years ago, from Du Quoin, that he didn't go to church, nor had he ever, and mentioned what church we were affiliated with.  It seriously took 2 minutes.
But, then, that's what it's all about.  Loving Jesus and making Him known.  I always tell the girls in the youth group that my prayer for them is that they would ooze Jesus.  Afterall, if something oozes, it does it involuntarily.  It doesn't have to try... it just happens.  What if we loved Jesus enough that our love and excitement about Him just came out?  I'm guessing He'd be made known. 
-a

No comments:

Post a Comment