Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Watched the Olympics Lately

How about the commercials? I've seen both. I've cheered at the tv for the olympians. I've ooed and awwed at particular feats, but I've cried at several commercials throughout these Olympic games.
Yes, cried. If you are a mom, I'm guessing you have too. You may as well admit it.
The commercials I'm referring to is the Proctor Gamble commercials. Whoever does their marketing knows two things. 1.) Moms do much of the shopping and cleaning in their household. 2.) There is nothing this side of heaven more powerful than the love of a mother. I'm not kidding... these commercials prove it. Check out a few for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgwfjA0V14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0ejBHp8UI
There are more on youtube, and to be honest, I couldn't find the best one. It's the one I'm really writing about. It says something to the effect of, "Is there anything better than being an Olympian? Actually, yes, there is. Being an Olympian's mom." If you aren't a parent you probably think that is the most ignorant thing you've ever heard. If you are a mom, it brings tears to your eyes.
I'd give up every achievement I've ever had to see my son experience it. I know now why parents want more for their kids than they do themselves. It's almost a selfish thing... we'd rather them have it than ourselves. I'd much rather watch my child win Olympic Gold than ever stand on that podium myself. I'd rather watch my child hit a home run, than have ever hit one myself. I would rather see my baby bring home straight A's, than to ever have had them myself. It's the love of a mother, and P & G have us figured out.
Not only that, but they are putting their money where their mouth is. Not only have they created the Procter and Gamble house in Vancouver (read about it, it's pretty amazing), but they've also taken care of the expenses of many Olympian mothers to get them there to experience the Olympics with their babies... pretty amazing.
Thanks P & G.

No comments:

Post a Comment