Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Time Slips Away

So quickly...
Most of you know that Aaron and I have agreed to start trying to conceive again this summer (thinking trying starting May or Junish). Our reasons for putting it off until then include wanting birthdays to be spaced out (assuming we get pregnant fairly easily and quickly), to make sure our basement is finished (making it easier to accommodate a family of four, especially on nights that Aaron needs to "get away" from it all), to get B a little "older" when his sibling gets here... it just helps to have a toddler who can do some things, and lastly, to prepare for baby number 2.
I've been SO excited about the idea of having another baby that I'm giddy, and reading everything I can on conception and second pregnancies, and raising a baby and a toddler. I even subscribed to thebump.com about a month ago ;) I was a knotter, a nester, and now a bumper. :) It's all so exciting to me.
Now, we have all of these wonderful pregnant friends of ours who are having babies left and right and being wonderfully pregnant in our presence, and it gives me all the more the itch. And in thinking about the "what ifs" and doing about 4 bajillion due date calculators I've come to the realization that if our conceiving and pregnancy goes as scheduled, our babies could be 2 1/2 years apart.
You all are probably like "so what".
I've always wanted my kids close together... and 2 1/2 years seems kind of close when you're looking at a 15 and 12 year old... but not when you're looking at a 5 and 2 year old. I want my kids to enjoy their childhood together... to be great friends and accomplices, and so my prayer is that our conceiving goes quickly and on schedule. I would love to take a 7 1/2 and a 5 year old to Disney World. What great fun that would be!
Until next time!
-a

No comments:

Post a Comment