Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

You Ever Find it Funny

That we celebrate the birth of the Light of the world during the darkest time of the year...
That we celebrate the giver of life when everything in nature seems to be dead and cold...
Granted... it isn't that way for everyone in this world, but to me it seems fitting.
When we are in our darkest places, our lowest valleys, when life doesn't seem to be worth living... Jesus comes. He comes in a manger, in ways we'd never expect Him, but He comes.
He is faithful through all seasons, but during the darkness the light can lead us most effectively (think shepherds and wise men here), and during are hardships Jesus can comfort us more fully.
I absolutely love this time of the year. I love the bustle and the decorations, I love the food, and even lavish parties (though I don't believe I've ever been to one ;), I'll even admit that I love presents. The giving and the getting. Most importantly though, I love Jesus, and it is He that we celebrate during this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. if i ever have a lavish party, i'll invite you. hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete