- I am finally feeling well again.
- I am finally feeling some energy come back into my life.
- And, I'm finally getting into the mood to get back to some 'normal routine.'
And I had a big shopping trip to do this week after being gone all week last week. As it turned out I needed to meal plan for 8 days, and really only had everything I needed for one day off food in the house. So I researched my pantry, and then I researched our Kroger ad. Ugh, totally not a good 'need to shop' week. Normally I have enough stockpiled that I could make it until Sunday (when the sales change), but this week was a 'no-go'. I had to go to the store.
So I researched those cabinets and the freezer again, started putting together some 'sound good' meals, (if there is a time to do whatever I want for dinner, this is it), and made my grocery list according to what I had to have to get us through breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next week. (Well, 8 days.)
Here's what I came up with as a menu plan:
- Chicken and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya and Honey Cornbread
- Chili (tonight's supper, yum!), peanut butter sandwiches?
- World's Best Chicken (chicken breast wrapped in aluminum foil with your fave ingredients and chopped potatoes), potatoes, corn
- Pork Chops in the oven with cream of mushroom, mashed potatoes
- Meatloaf, potatoes, peas
- Contessa frozen meal (for an easy night)
- Chicken Casserole, peas
Lunch: (with chips, fruit, etc)
- Homemade Chicken Salad
- PB & J
- Turkey sandwiches
- Chicken patty on bun
- Leftovers ;)
- Homemade Banana Nut Bread (that I made today)