Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some Coupon Stuff and Updates

This post may take you by surprise... Wal-Mart may get a small shout out from me today.  Small, but still a shout out.  So there are just some things you can buy at Wal-Mart that you can not buy at our Kroger, being that Kroger is so small and can hold so little, so I had to run to Wal-Mart today mainly for mousetraps.  (Yuck.)  Anyway, I figured while I was there I may as well do some searching.  There is one thing I always buy at Wal-Mart.  It seems I always have one (or a couple) coupon for $2 off any disposable Schick razors... and yes, ladies, I use disposable razors and I LOVE them! ;)  Anyway, Wal-Mart has a 'value' pack of Schick Disposable Razors (12 in a package) for $1.97, and I don't believe this is a rollback price, because I always see it for the same price.  I just happened to have two of those coupons today, so I scored myself 24 razors, and they paid me .06 to take them ;)
Anyway, here was my whole Wal-Mart trip. 
I had some 'stocking' I needed to do in the house.  Since I've finally been feeling better I've been cooking / baking more, and doing more homemade than I ever have, it has to do with this time of year... I just love it.  Anyway, on my shopping list was flour and light brown sugar, so I went ahead and bought that at Wal-Mart, because, honestly, I expect it to be cheaper there if it's not listed in the Kroger ad (and it isn't this week).  I also knew I could save money on tomato paste (.38 for the off brand as opposed to around .50 at Kroger), and I needed that for a recipe, so I got that there too.  So, I bought:
Light Brown Sugar
Flour
Tomato Paste
Two packages of 12 disposable razors
Glue trap mouse traps (bleh)
Lean hamburger (I'm picky about this, it's healthier so I go for it.  It's ALWAYS cheaper at Wal-Mart that Kroger... always.)
Two packages of Kraft Shredded 2% Mild Cheddar
1 Package of Kraft Mozzarella
2 Packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
and a Bag of Reeses Cups Halloween Candy (I knew my hubs would like that I thought about him.)
My total after coupons ($9.00 in coupons) was $16.87!  Not bad for all of the razors, hamburger and cheese! 
By the way, go to Kraft's site to score the coupon for $5 off 5 participating items to get the cheese deal.  In general cheese isn't a horrible thing to 'stock up' on.  Nothing that I bought today expires before January, and we'll be using a lot of shreds on tacos, chili, soups, and italian chicken and salads.  Not to mention the cream cheese makes great dips and desserts! 
I haven't made it to Kroger yet today, and hope to do that before the day is over... we have a busy weekend coming up!

On a note about us, here is a short synopsis:
  • I'm feeling much better.  Only nauseous for about 20 minutes in the morning and it's usually from not giving my body time to get all the blood back up to my head or something, if I sit for awhile, I'm good. 
  • I'm 15 weeks on Saturday, crazy to think that already!  In October we'll be finding out if our lovely offspring will be male or female ;)  I'm totally stoked for that! 
  • I lifted Bryton up out of his crib this morning and have had some pulling sensation ever since, just a healthy reminder that though I feel good and really don't feel pregnant right now, I am, and need to be careful about how I'm lifting him and what I allow myself to do and not do.  
  • On a family note, this is a much needed weekend coming up!  We have plans to take B to Eckerts tomorrow as a family to pick apples.  I've been looking forward to this day, well, probably since before he was born ;)  (I love this time of year!) So we're hoping all goes 'as planned'.  We're going to do good lunch in Fairview, run a few 'shopping errands', and go to the football game as a fam tomorrow night to support the guys. 
  • Saturday, Aaron and I are participating in the golf scramble, which will be the second time we will have golfed together this year :(  But it'll be good time to spend together and not worry about Bryton.  (Who will be safe at home with grandma!)  
  • Sunday nights for the next three weeks are SN@C at the church, a very fun and exciting time for us and the youth!  We're really excited and praying God will do some amazing things through SN@C this year! 
I think that's the updates for now!  I have another doctor's appointment on Monday!  Hopefully more then about all listed above!!!
-a

No comments:

Post a Comment