Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Morning Sickness, My Rear End

Just a small vent here... whoever named this awfulness 'morning sickness' should be fired from their job of naming ailments.  My experience with 'morning sickness' isn't just morning sickness, no, it's morning, noon, and night sickness.  I get a short stint of relief in the evening from about 7-9 or about 8-10... and that's about it.  If I stay up to late I can't sleep because it's started back, and I'm queasy to some degree when I wake up in the morning.  It comes on full force between about 9 - 12 in the morning, but keeps me miserable most of the day. 
When I was pregnant with B, I wanted out of the first trimester to know that all was well within, with the risk of miscarriage going down.  This time around, I want out for the same reason plus about 30 other, including the morning sickness. 
Today my nausea 'produced' something for the first time (I'm trying to be very delicate here and not say 'puking' ahem), which tells me that it's time to call the doctor.  I need my life back.
All of that said, I feel awful and guilty for complaining about it.  As bad as I feel I'm so very thankful for the opportunity to have this baby.  I thought for a long time that B may never have a sibling, and it depressed me.  Also, I have great friends going to great lengths to even get pregnant.  I feel like it's a slap in the face to them to complain about my nastiness...
Hopefully they won't be 'trying' much longer and she'll be able to personally remind me what a blessing the nausea is... or maybe by that time I'll be able to remind her ;) 
Until next time...
a

No comments:

Post a Comment