Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Going to Try to Be Back

It's difficult, this juggling act we maneuver as mommas.  Within me are all of these dreams and desires.  Desires for myself, desires for my kids, desires for my family, and there are only 24 hours in the day.  In learning about stewardship, often times we learn about how to steward our money. The truth is: money is important, but equally important is how we choose to steward our time, our precious moments, every day. 

I love to blog.  I love to write.  I also love to play with my kids, and though I don't love laundry and dishes and cleaning bathrooms, those too are responsibilities I endure as service to my kids and family. 

I've found myself so tired at the end of the day and so preoccupied during naptime (that happens somedays for B and somedays it doesn't), that blogging has fallen on the wayside. 

I'll admit, part of allowing this to happen has been an attitude of perfectionism.  I'll also admit, this isn't the only thing in my life I've let go for this reason.  I have an attitude of: if I can't do something exactly right and live up to my own expectations, then I shouldn't do it at all. 

What I miss, however, is dramatically more than what I gain.  There's something about blogging, or writing in general, that helps me to gather some thoughts, helps me to understand myself a little further. 

Which is why I'm going to try to be back.  I can't promise everyday.  In fact, I won't promise a time-frame at all, but I promise an effort, and it's just as much for me as it is for you all who read me.  I need this. 

Believe it or not - there's a lot to discuss and a great deal of new in our life, even more coming up in the next few months.  I'm excited to share that with you as it comes.

Until then -
A

1 comment:

  1. I feel like blogging take such a backseat in a Mama's life, but really you make time for what you want to do, you know? So I say, go for it! I always enjoy your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete