Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let Us Rejoice

Today is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I've heard that often on graduation days, birthdays, wedding days, and days of general happiness and good fair, but it's amazing that this verse doesn't present itself at the forefront of my mind on normal days or days of stress or sadness.  This hit me hard the other day.

God doesn't just make the good days.  He makes the stressful days, the sick days, the sad days, the bad days, the hard days and everything in between.  From that, we're still asked to rejoice and be glad in it.  

Try quoting that at a funeral and see the response.

But, as it sits, God has marked down the days of our lives, knows them one by one, and has ordained them.  In trusting that He is for us and loves and cares for us, there is room to rejoice.  There is room to be glad. 

Our lives are getting ready to change dramatically.  Three of the four of us will be at Preschool two days a week.  I'll be packing lunches and preparing lesson plans for the first time in my life.  B's T-ball schedule starts the same week, two practices a week at that.  The fall plans to flash before my eyes.  Of this I am sure. 

But despite the stress, despite the 'busy', and even despite all of the joy that will come with such events, I can be glad in them, as God brought them - and us - to this point in our lives. 

More soon on the classroom and big changes!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment