Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pick up the pen!!

Well, boy, howdy!  It's been awhile since I've done and gotcha up to date!  I'm vowing (yet again), to not leave you by the way side for so long at a stretch.  In fact, I promised myself when we got a house and got settled I'd be a blogger everyday again... or at least three - five times a week, but guess what.  We still aren't in a house, and we certainly aren't settled.  

We are a step closer... it is, supposedly, 'coming along.'  In fact - everything, everything, friends - is done except for the person at the title company to use the muscles in their little fingers and sign the dumb piece of paper.  That's all.  And because of this... our closing date has been pushed back.  

I have every notion to call them up and give them a firm little nudge in the rear... but I'll refrain.  

In the meantime, our current home is beginning to fill to the brim with a familiar kind of decor.  You may know it as cardboard.  Lots and lots of cardboard, as a matter of fact.  Boxes being filled, all in anticipation of said closing date.  (Have I mentioned I'm so excited that it's consuming my brain activity right now... because it is.)  I'm thinking about painting the walls, about B having a big boy bed (I'm TOTALLY stoked about Bryton's room... in my head), about cooking in my new kitchen, and having extra places to 'lounge'... oooh, aaaand, I got a new "all for me" joyous item that my husband and the dear youth pastor picked up for me.  (AND strapped on top of our Ford Freestyle.  Oh yes they did!)  I should have taken pictures... instead, I'll post pictures soon of the piece of furniture that has me OH SO READY for our Olympic sized master bedroom.  (Ahem, right.)

We have also ordered a couch, made one Ikea trip (well, two, technically, with at least one more to go), scowered Craigslist for other 'home need items', etc, etc, etc.  

Come on title people!  Pick up the pen!

Anyway... (I'm very patient, can you tell?) 

Aside from that - all is dandy.  We whistle and we wait, ya know?  Church is well, kids are well, life is, well, going.  But all in all I'd say April has been better than January... and improvements should be relished.  

Until next time! 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment