Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

26 Weeks and Counting...

It's been a long time since I've had a pregnancy blog, so I thought I'd do a quick write up.  
I'm 26 weeks today.  Crazy.  I can remember last year at this time wondering if I'd have any other children.  I can remember seeing the positive pregnancy test come back... it feels like yesterday.  And today, I'm 26 weeks.  

I thought my pregnancy with B flew by, but it now seemed so long in hind sight.  I've been wondering this time how I've "gotten so big."  Well, honey, your getting bigger because you are almost in your 3rd trimester!  Unbelievable.  

Nauseousness is long gone at this point (praise Jesus).  And we're praying it doesn't return... ever.  I'm just starting to get to that 'uncomfortable but not miserable' stage.  I've officially had to start tying my shoes sideways (annoying because you can't ever get them as tight that way), been struggling getting up the stairs to the loft (huffing and puffing, hello decreased lung function), and can only walk so fast until I'm out of breath.  My lower back has been hurting some when I sit with my feet up for any given time or when I sit on the floor for a long time to wrap Christmas presents.  It's not as easy for me to get off the floor with B now.  Not to mention, leaning over his crib to lay him down at night is getting.... interesting.  Oh, and did I mention heartburn?  Yeah. 

It sounds like a lot of complaining, but it isn't, really.  I'm thankful for these things.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to carry another child.  I'm thankful that I'm not nauseous at this point.  I'm thankful I'm not swollen (yet).  Okay, I'm not so thankful for the heartburn, but I'll live.  I'm thankful, all in all, for all of the signs that Ansley's birthday is a little bit closer.  

And next on the agenda?  Well, I go on the 13th (the day before my birthday) to do my glucose test, get my rhogam shot, and watch my epidural video.  Two needle sticks and a reminder of childbirth.  Yep, I'm getting close.  Happy birthday to me :)  

But it's good.  It really is.  We pray for Ansley often as we sit together at the dinner table at night, that God would make her strong and healthy.  Then I pray before bed, as I did and still do for Bryton, that He would reveal Himself to her early and that she'd come to love Him early.  

I'm still not sure how I'm going to handle the hair fixing and the clothes matching and the shoe buying, or the bra talk, girl drama, period stuff... but I'm already praying for God to give me that wisdom when the time comes... 

And I'm praying that Bryton will adore his sister, will look out for her, protect her, love her, and set a good example for her.  And I'm praying that she will look up to him, love him, enjoy him, and bring out the best qualities in him.  I hope that they will forever love and care for one another.  

And that's where we are.  All in all life is good.  Trying to figure out Bryton's nap time and trying this potty thing is making me a little more stressed than usual... but we realize the many blessings God has given us.  

1 comment:

  1. Awww, my second is a girl, too. She's the total opposite of my firstborn. It's so amazing how that happens!

    ReplyDelete