Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Saving 71% at Kroger

Mega Events at Kroger generally make me very very happy.  This week's mega event is no different... and we've had 3 weeks of different mega events now!  Woo hoo!  After looking at the ad yesterday, I decided I couldn't wait to go to Kroger.  Our Kroger is so small that I know products sale out fast, and I knew if everything was in stock I could add essentials to my stockpile at home.  Before I list my deals, here's a couponing tip:  Don't just buy things because they are on sale, it helps to have an idea of what you may use them for first.  If you buy them and never use them, it's not a deal at all.  (I only buy things I don't 'need' when I get them free or for overage.  I can either donate them or figure out a way to use them, then if I don't, no biggie.)
My deals today:
  • 2 Cans of Dole Mandarin Oranges (not in the mega event, but I had a .50 off 2 coupon and they were 10 for 10.  Since the coupon doubled it made each can .50 each.)
  • 5 Cans of Del Monte Tomatoes (Our Kroger has a small collection.  I ended up buying 5 stewed to use in Chili since we don't use diced very often.)
  • 4 Cans of Kroger fruit (the 'light' version of the Kroger is my favorite anyway... no syrup, no sweetners, stored in pear juice... good for the growing boy... and his mom ;)
  • 4 Cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (for casseroles)
  • 2 Cans of Campbell's Select Harvest soup (the same 'flavor' so I can make it a meal with sandwiches)
  • 2 Cans of Campbell's Chunky Soups (again, same flavor)
  • 2 Cartons of Swansons Chicken Broth (great for my 'white chicken chili')
  • 5 Cans of Swanson Broth (3 beef for beef and noodles, 2 chicken to have on hand)
  • 3 Cans of Campbell's Gravy (again, got beef for the beef and noodles)
  • 1 Can of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce (just because I love it, hoping Bryton will too, makes a good side dish)
  • 2 Boxes of Stovetop Stuffing (again, makes good side dishes)
I used:
  • Dole Coupon for .50 off 2 Mandarin Oranges
  • $1.00 off 5 Del Monte Tomotoes
  • .50 off 2 Cartons of Swanson Broth (doubled)
  • .50 off 5 Cans of Swanson broth (doubled)
  • .25 off 4 Cans of Campbell's Condensed "Good for Cooking" soups (doubled)
  • .50 off 2 Select Harvest healthy request soups (doubled)
  • .50 off 2 Campbell's Chunky health request soups (doubled)
In all, that was 2 Cartons of Broth, 2 boxes of stuffing, and 28 canned goods for...
$15.43 after mega event deals and coupons! 
 I saved $38.27 and gained the piece of mind that I have everything stockpiled that I need for 3 batches of Beef and Noodles (minus the beef), several batches of chili (minus the ground beef and the tomato sauce, which is less than .50 a can), at least a couple of soup nights with no extra needs, everything I need for at least 3 nights of chicken casserole, and lots of side dishes and fruit for us all to eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment