Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Girl

Some know this and some do not, but I knew... the Lord had impressed upon me long before A was knit together in the womb, that she would be part of our family. We had two names picked out for B, a boy name and a girl name, and when we found out B would be a B, well, Ansley's name felt void, empty... and I knew she'd come, I just knew it.

Fast forward to my pregnancy with her, and before I knew she was a 'her', we had two names picked out, a boys name and a girls name. The boys name was for traditional purposes only. I knew we wouldn't need it. I'd already bought girl clothes. I was not surprised to see the 'hamburger' on the ultrasound. Not in the least.

She's special like that. Until God states otherwise, she has completed our family. God knew I'd need to laugh a bit more... He knew B would need a fierce friend and companion... He knew daddy needed a little girl, with a personality precisely like his... and I'm so grateful He knew.

And now my sweet girl is on the cuffs of 4... of FOUR, I tell you! Four years of laughs and fun. Four years of sweet embrace. Four wonderful years. So here's a brief look back... it's all felt as if it's flown by anyway...

It's a special bond that's formed with your ob. Seriously, they become the best of friends. Here is our last picture as a family of three. We were dropping B off with Gaga and Papa on our way to the hospital for A's eviction notice (read: induction). Praise Jesus for an OB who thought the growth ultrasound a day prior seemed "off some" (ahem, almost 2 full pounds), and pulled every. string. she. could. to get the induction 9 days prior to my due date.

These pictures may be never before seen. I'll never forget Aaron posting on facebook that she was here and we were fine but there'd be no pictures. This was why... her poor, sad, bruised head, and that left arm, we thought it'd never be mobile again. It was an easy labor with a scary five minute ending. A weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 1.1 ounces. (Slightly above the 8 lbs 3 oz they'd claim the day prior) Again, the ob and I, yeah, we are tight.

But all the bruising didn't kill the enthusiasm of a certain Big Bro ;) Look at that cheese!

And a week to heal the bruising and this sweet girl is perfect, and has ginormo feet :)

And here at 1 - there's that personality coming out...
 And at 2-- the year of hair...
And at 3--- little girl, now, more than baby...

 And nearing 4 ---- What a sweet, funny, precious gift she is :)





No comments:

Post a Comment