Thursday, October 25, 2012

Me No Bloggy

Blogger warning:  This blog contains no pictures.  (I know, I'm slacking.  No pictures isn't even the half of it.)

So. I'm going to try to keep it short.

But, behold, the next blog will probably be a good deal of pictures.  I'm just sayin'.


So here's the low-down on the last, geesh, five weeks?  (How does time sneak away like that?)

I finally got back into the classroom teaching after a week off for much needed vaca.

Little did I know that I'd contract some kind of utter awfulness while at school that week and spend the entire (and I do mean entire) next week in bed, on the couch, or in urgent care.

It was awful, friends.  Awful.  A dear friend of mine stated, "Momma's don't often get sick, but when we do, it takes us out of the game for good," and that was exactly where I found myself.

I went from happy and feeling good to nauseous and feeling *bad* (which can't even begin to describe it) within a matter of a few short hours.  In the hours and days that followed I experienced back pains that could be compared to nothing more than awful, exhausting back labor, more nauseousness, awful headaches, sinus congestion and runny nose issues, along with a sore throat, a body aches, chills and hot flashes and every kind of miserableness known to (wo)man.  Fo' real.  When I finally broke down and visited urgent care, a blood draw said "viral" and a urine specimen said "probable urinary tract infection."  Two days later they called to say that two of the three medications they had prescribed me "should not be utilized together" (why, thank you), and then another two days after that they called to say they didn't really know what was wrong with me, all the signs came back as urinary tract infection, but the culture itself did not.  To quote, "visit your primary care physician immediately."  Hmmm, still don't have one of those.  So I finished the antibiotic and have moved on with life.

It's on my to-do list, I promise.

SO - after missing a week of work and a week of life, I had to come back with a vengeance   (Folks, there were halloween costumes to be made, traditions to uphold, lesson plans to be made, and a birthday party to plan... there wasn't time for one week of sickness.  Not one.)

And that's what we've been doing since:  making halloween costumes, catching up at school, planning birthday activities for the oldest (who will be FOUR, mind you... FOUR.  Waaaah!), getting Thanksgiving plans and advent plans in the works, thinking about Christmas gifts, and attending t-ball practice, games and planning the end of the season activities for that as well.

This momma's tired.

BUT, as promised, I have been taking a lot of pictures of the aforementioned activities, and will grace you with pictures when I find within myself the motivation to upload them on the computer.  (Because, friends, then I must upload the share site and the ongoing family scrapbook with said pictures.  Yawn.)

So there it is.  There's an 'almost four' birthday party tomorrow.  I'm stoked and sad at the same time.  He'll be my baby boy always, but golly he's getting big :(


No comments:

Post a Comment