Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

MY Grown-Up Christmas List

I'm not going to lie, I enjoy getting gifts.  I do.  But I think it is partially because I love giving gifts as well.  I love all of the thought that goes into it.  I love wrapping them and hiding them from family, then stuffing them under the tree and waiting with anticipation as the receiver rips open the contents.  Awww... I love it. 

So - this year, when it was time to make my own Christmas list a lot of items crossed my mind. 

I wanted a Kindle Fire (which I purchased for myself for my birthday coming up... so all of you family who gave me money, thank you, you contributed to my new techy device ;). 



I could spend way too much money in the kitcheny section of Kohls.  I don't even know where to start with all of the wonderfulness. 

I wanted a new perfume (Crush by AE) which I received from my wonderful in-laws as a birthday gift. 

But all in all - there wasn't much, this year, that I just had to have.  I want to lose about 10 pounds before buying new clothes.  I want to be in 'our' house before I buy decor related or home related things.  Etc. Etc. Etc.


And then life started spiraling... and everything started changing... and grandpa passed away... and I got to watch my dad love and enjoy his grandkids in a miserable time in his life.  Seeing his (and my mom's) eyes light up with their grandbabies in tow is priceless.  (And bittersweet, knowing that I have to take them so far away from them.)

And then we got home, and then out of no-where Miss Ansley just started standing up in the middle of the floor, all on her own. 


Now she's started bending down to pick up toys while standing. 

And there's two weeks before Christmas. 

It'd be absurd, folks.  Not unheard of, but absurd none - the - less, but from the circumstances is birthed the one Christmas wish I have... the one thing I want most for Christmas, the one thing that only God can ordain...

I want Ans to take her first steps in the presence of my parents, who will be here in the coming weeks.  For grandparents who will miss many milestones in the lives of their grandkids... I want this for them more than anything.  My holiday season will be made. 

Now I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm not banking any happiness or joy on such a feat, and I realize I can control little, if any, of these happenings, but I'm not going to say that it wouldn't be wonderful. 

It would.

And so this year - I don't need any (or many) gifts under the tree.  Someone just wrap up a pair of walking shoes for Miss A, and let's get her moving...

Until next time -

A

No comments:

Post a Comment